Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm back.

I'm back. I'm back blogging. I'm back in Lubbock. I'm back. So much has happened to me this summer while I haven't been writing, and some of it I can't even begin to explain.

I'm finally back in West Texas. Sometimes I think that this feels more like home than home does. I'm completely moved in to my new place, which I love. I would post pictures, but I've been too lazy to take any. I get to see my friends on a nearly daily basis, and I get freedom. Moving in has been tough, since we had to bring all of our own furniture, but it's so worth it. My bedroom set means more to me than almost anything else I own. It was my great-grandmother's. It used to be in my bedroom at home before I redid it and switched out to a different furniture set we had in storage. Well, Gommie, I'm using your stuff again. I stripped it though. My Gommie bought this bedroom set in the 40s, I think. My grandmother said it was the only thing she knew of Gommie spending a good amount of money on, which made it even more special to me. It's not exactly how it was, because I stripped it and painted it black and silver, but I know Gommie would be so happy I'm using it. She'd be even happier that it was a family affair redoing it. My mom, my grandmother (Gommie's daughter), and I stripped it. My grandfather repainted it, and my friend and I added some finishing touches on the painting as soon as I got to Lubbock with it. I never plan on getting rid of this. Ever. It means the world to me.

I found out just how horrible people are. Someone who claimed to love me and someone who claimed to be my best friend are together now. But don't get me wrong, I wasn't very upset when I found out. I knew it was coming. It was actually a huge relief. I could no longer be lied to. And you know what, I think I might've found someone new to try a relationship with. I didn't just meet him, but I'm just getting to really know him and spend time with him, and I like him. I really do. Fingers crossed that this turns out how I want it to. It's such an adjustment to me to be back just flirting and just starting to like someone. I like it. For the first time in months, I don't want to go to sleep at night because I don't want to miss talking to him. For the first time in months, I get butterflies in my stomach. I smile more than ever. For the first time in months, I have a crush on someone, and I'm seeing where it will take me.

I'm inspired again. I am back. Hopefully for good this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a small town girl trying to make a difference in a big world. I try to make everyone happy, even if I'm not. I think constantly, which means a lot of random thoughts go through my mind. I'm a little bit sarcastic, and by a little, I mean completely. I'm a sucker for love.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones