Friday, September 9, 2011

My heart belongs on Bourbon Street

I am my mother's child. There is probably a really good reason that she never took me to New Orleans until this sumer. She knew good and well that I would become obsessed.
My room is adorned with picture of New Orleans, Mardi Gras beads, fleur de lis, and masks. But that's not even close to the extent of it. New Orleans is somewhere in the back of my mind 95% of the time. The French Quarter is my favorite place on this earth. I am addicted.
I'm sure you can relate my experience today with the experiences of a drug addict. At lunch today, I just started craving an oyster poboy. Cajun food sounded absolutely delicious. I could taste it. I started thinking of the absolutely fantastic oyster poboy I had at this place called Johnny's in NOLA. Mouth. Watering. Then I started just thinking about the city. All of a sudden I just had this urge to go there. So I made plans for spring break. In September. I'm going, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Back to my story though...I had this itch. I couldn't get it out of my head, and I just had to go.

It's only gotten worse.

I am currently googling hotels in the French Quarter, how much gas money it would take to get there and back, and listening to a "New Orleans by Louis Armstrong" Pandora station and pretending I am there.
New Orleans has a way of stealing a piece of you and never giving it back. I love Texas more than anything, and I absolutely love Texas Tech, but I have come to the conclusion that my heart belongs on Bourbon Street.

Here are some pictures I took during my French Quarter expedition. They don't even do the place justice.









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a small town girl trying to make a difference in a big world. I try to make everyone happy, even if I'm not. I think constantly, which means a lot of random thoughts go through my mind. I'm a little bit sarcastic, and by a little, I mean completely. I'm a sucker for love.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones